Monday, September 13, 2010

As Promised, Lifestyles of the Loan Borrowing and Lazy


So here we are, face to face, a couple of readers and I. As you can see to your left, my bedroom is hard to take a picture of. Compared to how I'd been living for the past maybe twenty years or so, this bedroom layout is completely different: no computer whatsoever. Basically, I come in here to sleep and change my clothes, which makes it infinitely less stressful on me. Still, if I could get in here at a decent hour, I might sleep in the first place. Note too that I've not graduated too far past "collegiate" tastes in furniture here, in part because furniture is fucking expensive.


Now, dear reader, we're in the living room. Downstairs in my old apartment, Andrew and Emily lived in this room. I've opted to make it a place to waste my time. While it might look comfortable, those couches are a perfect combination of all-right looks and borderline comfort -- you can only sit on them so long because they're not very forgiving on the butt. But they're brown, and stuff matches in there. I actually built the room around those two damn couches.


Oh damn, what the heck is that? It's an actual live TV. Seen only faintly is the HTPC on the bottom, along with the receiver for the speakers. All that stuff was a luxury purchase, mainly to keep me off of my main comp and therefore less likely to stay up to the wee hours of the night reading about Icelandic cuisine on wikipedia. A fairly expensive way to overcome one's internet addiction, but I figure it's still cheaper than detox and recovery.




Ahh the kitchen. It's kind of gigantic and I love it. The island/bench was here when I got the apartment and I have every intention of stealing it when I leave. What you don't see to their fullest extent are all the kitchen things I bought off of my friend Julia. I think I can fairly say that every man should have three ladles, each of different sizes and weights.





The bathroom, or, where the existing furniture dictated the color of the stuff I ended up buying for the place, which was actually limited to a blue and white bathroom rug you don't see here; and the white mat near the shower. That mat, by the way, is very plush. It's like Tempur-Pedic for the showering set, and since I shower, I'm a member! I would hope you are too.

I realize now that the only place missing is the office.









Well, and there you go. That's a dissertation face.

13 comments:

Jamiel said...

Simple but great..

Anuulaa said...

nice apartment

Hope said...

haha so this is the first I've seen/read your blog, but I like it bc you're pretty funny. and btw, cool place. looks comfy. ;)

Michael Chen said...

ossy this is nice...

Wholesale Coach outlet said...

So nice apartment it is .

coach outlet said...

coach handbags outletcoach handbags outlet
coach outlet handbagscoach outlet handbags
coach outlet factorycoach outlet factory
coach factory outletcoach factory outlet
coach outletcoach outlet
coach outlet storecoach outlet store
coach outlet onlinecoach outlet online

Coach NecklacesCoach Necklaces
Coach Jewelry Set Coach Necklaces
coach sunglassescoach sunglasses
coach braceletscoach bracelets
Coach HeelsCoach Heels
Coach High HeelsCoach High Heels
Coach WedgesCoach Wedges
Coach SneakersCoach Sneakers
coach earringscoach earrings

led lights said...

great blog! i learn few things in this post, thanks for the share.

Audrey said...

Very cool. I can't wait to get my first appartment someday! You didn't do a bad job decorating it either. :-)

xiaohu110129 said...

coach bags
coach outlet
coach handbags
coach bags outlet
coach bags outlet online
coach outlet online
coach outlet store online
coach store
coach factory outlet online
coach factory online store
coach factory outlet


Coach Baby Bags
Coach Backpack Bags
Coach Carly Bags
Coach Claire Bags
Coach Ergo Bags
Coach Garnet Bags
Coach Hampton Bags
Coach HOBO Bags
Coach Leather Handbags
Coach Luggage Bags
Coach Maggie Bags
Coach Patchwork Purse
Coach Sabrina Bags
Coach Shoulder Bags
Coach Sling Bags
Coach Spotlight Bags
Coach Tote Bags
Coach Travel Bags
Coach Tribeca Bags
New Coach Handbags

Anonymous said...

OK, interesting blog. Takes me back more years than I want to acknowledge. All that is missing is a couple of dayglow band pictures ( shows when I moved out on my own! ) Your 'friend' Coach sure comments a lot. Shame he has nothing to say ;)

Rogue said...

you are so lucky! that island bar thing is just what my kitchen needs! i'm now checking online for one to purchase myself. Thank You! :)

harun said...

I like your lifestyle.
video games

Anthony said...

sac a main chanel
tee shirts
bottes
sac5.com
sac louis vuitton
sac prada
chaussures5.com
chaussures louis vuitton
chaussures dunk sb
tee shirts.com
burberry pas cher
Tee shirts pas cher
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml